Here I sit in total mysery being blown off by every source of NST

I don't know what the problem with people in this county but trying to get an
NST unless you want to pay through the nose for one is tantamount to trying to
get the president to set you up with his daughter!
Typical scenario happens today. I call and call and call and finally, I locate
TWO NST's with this fellow in the next town from a second hand shop that stays
open till 8PM. This is unheard of. With my works schedule, I am at work when
the businesses are open and they usually close WELL before I get off of work
and I make arrangements with this fella. I've bought things from him frequently
and he has my phone number and tells me he has two possibly working NST's for
me and he says he will be there tonight so I can pick them up and so I take off
early from work figuring I can make it up by staying till 8PM friday and I rush
home because I know I got to pick these things up and get this thing fixed
because the only time I am going to get a chance to even glance at them for a
week, is tonight. So I drive the hour commute back home and I drive in only to
find he's closed shop and has left without a note or a phone call or anything
at all!! I got two hours I get to sit on my fanny waiting for him to return
before it's 8PM and he's long gone.

Well, I got done leaving a rather explicit phone call telling him I'm totally
misereable and asking him why he did this to me? I told him I frankly would
rether die than have someone blow me off like this again.

I also had a change to get what I needed in Chico and I spent two of my days
off playing footsie with some jerk that would make arrangements to meet me at
his shop and I drove all the way down there and was supposed to call him to get
directions to his shop and he blows me off too. I get down there and I call
this guy and I get an answering machine! I waited around all day for this freak
and after waiting 12 hours he finally answers the phone and says he had an
emergency and then he protends he has another call and takes the phone number
for the phone booth from me and then he doens't call back and I end up waiting
there another two hours.

I finally get ahold of him and he says tried to call but it didn't work so like
a fool, I give him a second chance to ruin another day as he makes arrangements
and swears he will be at his shop at 11pm and just as the sun rises, he's gone
and I wait all day again.

Well, after that, I don't put up with anyone running me through the ringer or
leaving me high and dry like that. This fella that I ran up from work to see
today got one chance, not a second chance to mess with me.

Although I didnt' cuss him out or seek to insult him, I fully expect he will
tell me to get out if I showed up at his shop and I'm not going to give him the
chance.

I don't want to buy ebay, buyer beware, I've bought my fill of dead NST's and
I'll not do it again.

I've been tentatively looking for a used NST for months and getting nowhere,
and getting sign shops that say "We are not set up to sell to individuals", I
finally broke down and paid a ton of cash for the NST I have right now that is
fried as a pancake. I don't want to go through this again. I'd rather take a
hammer to my coil and destroy it to dust before I let these jerks that live in
this area treat me like I don't exist or make appointments to meet and never
show up.

I want to buy an NST that works, I want to be able to get it in the standard 6
to 8 days UPS ground not save up for 6 months for a new one.

I've had hobbies before that fell under the blows of a hammer when it came to
the point that I could see the frustration was ruining my life and making me so
misereable it wasn't worth it. Telsa coils are hard enough to make let alone
trying to jerk an NST from thin air and wasting my time during weekends running
around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get parts and then not
being able to devote enough time to it.

I realize I am rambling. Sorry, I just want to go to bed and have a good cry!

So, does anyone out there have a working NST I can purchase? I don't care if it
takes a week or two to get here, all I want is to know it's coming before I die
of old age.