Re: tank circuit of VTTC

Hey all, Bert,

This has really got me thinking. Last night I hooked up my coil, with the
Audio Mod setup, and got it working ok (My Cisco DSL router/bridge sure
didn't like it, I'd loose the WAN connection every time I fired the coil).
So as time will permit, I am going to do some testing. My original single
string MMC was not expected to last this long, granted, I have not placed
full power (5KV filtered DC) on it for any great time, as tubes don't like
going over 4KV much. When opperating Filtered DC non-Audio mod mode, I use
9-12K resistance in the grid leak as less will cause the grid current to
go over 300 mA.

I hate it when theory and reality seem to clash. There must be a reason.
One thing I know, is that I have opperated these MMC's well beyond their 3
amp limit (RF?) for some time, with no apparent harm. In fact, I run them
at 2700V in Audio Mod mode for, probibly several hours run time. Thats
over 10 amps RF, but with 40-50 k in the grid and Audio, the duty cycle
must be low??? Sugestions anyone?

Thanks,

David Trimmell
www.ChaoticUniverse-dot-com