Re: feedback on my coil please

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Pholp Smiff" <kawanze-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Im nearing completion of my first coil, and would like to run the specs by
> everyone (or anyone).

Snipperzzz...

Hi Pholp...

your design sounds well thought out
as far as the smaller toriod  I would think that you would have to tune the
primary at a lesser turn than expected .... but than again everytime i used
WinTesla ,I've had to tune the prmary about 1/2 - 3/4  a turn more ....
try the
start point at the "expected" tune point and work your way inwards a bit ( this
will take several tries and use about 1/12th a turn adjustments)   with a
decient tune you will see possibly 24" of streamer ...    at that point try
smaller adjustments in the tune point untill you hit the "sweet spot" ( this
will definately take time to find) be patient   once the sweet spot is found I
would expect at least 30 - 36 " of streamer with the power and cap you have...

be careful    remember to turn off the power when adjusting

Scot D