RE: Re: tank circuit of VTTC

David Trimmell wrote to the list:

> If you really do plan on running at 10 KV for any signifigant
> time, then I would supose 3-4 parrellel strings would be in order...

David,

I learnt, that I'll have to redesign my MMC and of course I'll use at
least 4 strings.

> In my experience with the 833 tubes, I have found that the
limiting factor is the tube (plates getting to hot), most likely in your
case (with that monster tube!) you will be pusing newground.
- The project started as usual: I wanted to build a *small* tabletop
VTTC. The only tube I could get from the local electronics recycler
was "a little bit large". Looking for a *small* plate transformer ( no
need to push the toob to the limits) was invane. Then I came
across these russian mobile radars.........  :-))

> Robert Stephens' built a mungo tube coil
-                                      ~~~~~ What's that please?

> Good Luck,
- Thank you!

Herwig