Re: 3000 turn secondary

bart, malcolm, all
as following this thread i do see the " catch 22 " situation involved.
if l/s is changed to match freq. sec. than a parameter has been changed
and the results can be argued to be the results of this change? as the
coil is growing near to completion i just can't see an easy solution. my
hats off to sundog for attempting to wrap 40 gauge wire, 28 g is as
small as my failing eyes would want to go and my lathe was out of the
question.
i'm not sure if raising the topload to a height of, say 2' above the
last turn of the close wound coil, then 6" above the space wound would
give any closer relations or not?
i guess that maybe to start with two identical coils should be built,
frequency matched, and then both fired to check for identical outputs?
this all might be in vain if it is found that " a coil is a coil is a
coil " each with it's own characteristics? one thing is for sure, i have
the wire, i have the time, and i think i have the patients to wind a
couple coils?
i'll get the first one done and then, hopefully, we can come up with a
design parameter that will best suit the testing?
to give a better idea of the psu i'll say that my pt, cap, spark gap'
and controls,(relays, timer, siemans adjustable breaker, filter) are all
in my rolling cabinet (highly modified tv stand).
the primary and secondary will sit on top of this. i am now running a 2
kva step down transformer to limit current and voltage. 120v in and 70v
out. Pfc. of 1250uf to the pt and 260uf for the step down trans.. i am
keeping the 300-1 pt at 70v to keep the 52nf/55kvdc cap alive for now?
20 amps in and 34 amps out to the pt, this gives a .113 amp
output-at-21000v all this in one package, the only things external are the
10/3 power cord and the 25' push button pendant for start/stop. run
relay brings in the fan, latching relay and timer letting the fan come
up to speed before the main contactor for the pt comes in. off drops out
the latching relay.
all will stay the same through out the testing, unless the cap goes? i
would have liked to have got my sync gap finished but parts are being
machined right now so static gap of my design with a forced air of
around 450 cfm will have to do?
well we'll try it, one way or another. keep the suggestions coming as
they are greatly appreciated and respected,  marc