From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 1:29 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Waste of time_was_ Here I sit in total mysery being blown
off by every s

Original poster: "Steve Rosenthal" <sdrosen-at-cwia-dot-com>

Chris,
I have followed your posts, and I want to make a few comments.
First, a very large part of what goes on today, as far as what you are
discussing and for that matter what it appears you are contemplating is pure
ego.
Playing the "mine is bigger than yours" game.

> Computers:
>   Do you have any concept how many hours I piddle away in front of this
> thing? For what? The simple computer in your car is more powerfull than
what
>VX-210), and enough hard drive to hold the library of congress? What
could
> I possibly need to store in that that I cannot find in seconds on the net?
> Or God forbid use my BRAIN and read a book!

I believe the answer to that question is for your ego, to feel "superior".
(Oh, By the way, I am running a cluster of 10 1000mhz Sun RISC boxes 4gig

> People lived for thousands of years without ANY electricity, steam power,
> cars, internet, or even electric toasters and martinni glasses. They did
hink Tesla had Simulac? Or Ritalin, special-Ed, MTV, or the demonic
> enough of europe to kill off half of them.
>
> The automobile has changed us from a world where people usually lived
their
> entire lives never travelling more than 5 miles in radius from birth.

All these things are still true for the vast majority of the earths
population

> Supersonic transportation has opened us to a cost of spices, commodities,
> and technology that we can actually afford.

True only for a small percentage of the world population, the "fortunate
ones" (all who read this are included in this group).

> The Space program has given Jim a job ;)
I think we are too successfull as a species, and now we are understanding we
must find a new planet for "resources".

> distributal energy (Edison was a theif, killer, and generally icky-poo
kinda
> bum), and a few other wonderful toys.

tinyest
> little bits of this INCREDIBLY SIMPLE ELECTRONIC TOY.
>
> Look at the schematic for a tesla coil.....How easier can it get? Even I
can
> draw one from memory in 30 seconds.

I wonder how impressed Mr. Tesla would have been with you?

Mr. Tesla was not driven by ego, he was compelled by something far greater.
I do not perceive Tesla as a proud or vain man, He associated with proud and
vain men, and I think he found them repulsive. For me, building Tesla coils