Re: Paper/Oil Capacitors

In a message dated 8/24/00 10:00:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< Original poster: "Gomez ADDams" <gomez-at-netherworld-dot-com>

 on that fateful day 8/23/00 8:03 PM, Tesla list uttered:

 > Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 >Hi Gomez,
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.
If nothing else, you and Bert  have at least convinced me that there is such
a thing as
fish paper. The paper I have is a shiny black. It is very rigid, almost
springy. I can score it with a knife and bend it along the score. It will
break off if you keep flexing it. I have had
a little less than a 10 x 10 piece of it for around forty years--give or take
 :-)) I have seen it around on older equipment. I dunno about the pink color.
Zinc chloride would be a
clear solution if I remember right. Thanks for the info. I doubt there is
much of a market
for fish paper.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman