Re: Ballast training 101

Perhaps the iron losses would be a bit low, but I would think that even a
volt would be enough to get some magnetization going... maybe 10 volts?
Particularly for a pig where they want low losses, I would expect the core
to be quite magnetically "soft", to reduce core losses from hysteresis. A
low, safe, easily scaled voltage, in any case.