Re: Inductive Kick LTR Pig Systems

In a message dated 8/27/00 12:10:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> It is seeming that pig ballasting is not
>  correcting the power factor and doing no more than limiting current, such
as
>  the success Marc's recent use of PFC's.

Bart, all,

I know that at 120 bps, the best ballast setting for long
sparks, will also give excellent power factor.  I'm not sure quite
how this will work at higher bps, maybe some pfc will be needed,
I don't know.  I would tend to think that the power factor could be
corrected to a reasonable degree simply by a suitable ballast
adjustment at any bps in a pig or PT system while maintaining
good spark output.

John Freau