Re: my first coil...

Eric,

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I suggest you halt
work until you find a suitable power supply.  I can't
think of anything more frustrating than to have a
finished coil, but no NST.  Solve that problem first,
before you buy or build anything.  Once you have a
power supply in-hand, you can choose a suitable tank
cap value, and from there a primary that will work
with your cap to allow tuning to your secondary. Aside
from that, your design looks like a good one.

Best Regards,

Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla