Found an oscilloscope and was wondering how I could ...

Use it to find the resonant frequency of the secondary and the primary circuit.

I never used one of these gadgets so I think I shall get some power supplies
and running the input in and work on getting used to reading it. By power
supplies, I mean them dinky little things that run about 6 volts.

I have a funny, or maybe not so funny feeling that I could wind myself a little
coil and approach to about ten feet of the coil and get some sort of frequency
reading with the secondary removed from the unit and get a frequency reading on
the coil. Or, maybe I could just use an antenna maybe. I made the entire coil
assembly for quick disassembly and re-assembly. The secondary just slips inside
the top and a spring on the bottom makes contact to ground

Anyone have any book reccommendations like Oscilloscopes for the brain dead, or
Oscilloscopes for the complete dingbat? j/k

There is no manual with this thing, or I would just read that.

It's a heathkit general purpose, small in size but lots of nice knobs. I had a
fella check it out and he declared it healthy.