Re: Output

Hi Bart,

At 05:56 PM 8/29/00 -0500, you wrote:

> Hi Terry,
>
> Tesla list wrote:
>>
>> Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>>
>> "I" use the following to guess the secondary voltage:
>>
>> Vs = 1/2 Vp SQRT(Ls/Lp)
>>
>> Basically the old equation divided in half to account for about half the
>> energy being eaten in the gap.  It seems to work pretty well in my tests.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>         Terry
>
> Terry, Microsim output always agrees with the basic inductance formula. Is
> there a way to have Microsim account for the gap loss (calc'd loss, not a
> simple input or efficiency guess)?
>
> Bart

I use a resistance value for the gap loss.  I base this value on the ringdown
time of the primary circuit without the secondary in place.  A simple
equavalent resistance.  Of course, the program can measure the loss on the gap
resistance like any other element.  The resistnace seems to do fine in the
model and gives good results.

Cheers,

        Terry