From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 3:21 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Tesla motor receiver

Original poster: "Dan Kunkel" <dankunkel-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Richard and Mike,

a few quick thoughts here...

remember that the transmitting coil should have a very large topload. so
much so that no arcing is permitted. in this way 90% (roughly) of all the RF
energy is pumped into the ground instead of it being spent as spark.

Richard, you refered to the single wire motor. basically a disruptive
discharge coil (tesla coil) was connected to many turns of wire that were
wrapped around a copper rod. a copper disk was placed next to the rod and
rotated.

       (capacitance)

(Rod)    |
&&&&&&&&||||||||______HV RF in
_____
(Disk)

i think he added a little bit of capacitance (like a plate) to the end of
the motor's windings for added tuning.

BTW-Richard Quick was able to transmit enough RF ground current from a 500
watt coil 1500 feet away, enough to light a flourecent tube bright enough to
read by.

hope this helps ya out! and good luck and have fun!

Dan