Re: Output

Hi John F.,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

> >  >
> >  > Terry, Microsim output always agrees with the basic inductance formula.
> Is
> >  > there a way to have Microsim account for the gap loss (calc'd loss, not
> >  > simple input or efficiency guess)?
> >  >
> >  > Bart
>
> Bart,
>
> Just as general info,  I did the test for gap losses that Malcolm
> suggested on the list (now in the archives I guess), and it seems
> that I'm getting about 38% gap losses in my old coil.  The test was
> rough though because I wasn't getting a clean scope signal.
>
> John Freau

38% sounds reasonable. There was probably some amount of error in measureing,
but I think you still hit the ballpark well.

BTW, I'm still running models with the ballast/PFC issues, so I've been keeping
kind of quiet on the list at the moment (really slow pc). I'll be getting back
to that topic after I'm finished with the models.

Bart