Re: What size PFC should i use with my 15/30 NST?

Hi John M., Terry,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> At 10:50 PM 8/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >Hi again,
> >
> >I do have another question.  I would like to put a PFC on my NST but don't
> >know what size cap to use.  It is a 15/30 stock NST.  I'm using a 13nf MMC
> >with a 120 bps SRGS (if that makes any differenc).  Any recomendations out
> >there?  If so, is there a formula or rule of thumb to use to determine what
> >size PFC to use?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >John M.
> >

> I think this is correct.  It was posted awhile back and needed about three
> typo corrections but this should be right.
>
> Cpfc = ( Vo x Io ) / ( 2 x pi x f x Vi^2 )

This is correct. I posted a few days ago as Cpfc(uF) = (KVA *
10^9)/(2*pi*f*Vi^2).
That was wrong. The 10^9 should be 10^6. Anyway, the value is uF. PFC's due to
their size are typically rated in uF.

Just wanted to correct my previous blunder.

Bart