Re: Insulation Problems.

Hi Aleks

Quickest, temporary way is to "extend" the terminal with a masking tape
winding and fill it with oil.  I then realised that the terminal is probably
craftily designed that way to limit the high voltage.  As a next step, I
then removed the coil innards and put it all in oil and got 4" sparks until
suddenly it all went quiet . . .

Note this retains the laminated iron core so the the coil is not operating
in resonant Tesla mode; when our esteemed moderator [who reads 100 emails a
day!] Terry gets it resonating, 13" sparks are possible!

Nick

Herts, England