Re: Kansas coilers

hi Tom,

I would recommend Gary Johnson, who lives in Manhattan out near the Konza
Prairie (sorry, I don't have his phone no. any more but maybe he will reply to
your message also.)  Gary's lab is AWESOME- he does some really interesting
stuff with solid-state.  High power, long sparks in a pulsed mode.  Right now
he is trying to determine what sort of thermal losses occur in secondaries with
a calorimeter approach.  Highly recommended- he's a great guy and knows a lot
and you can probably learn a lot from just talking on the phone or e-mailing
him.  I saw his big lab this summer when I was out doing physics research at
K-State.

Good Luck,

-Carl

-at-
Sent by: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
08/31/2000 06:00 PM CST