Re: Apartment coilers beware!

Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com

Hi all,
This present thread comes along just when I am getting ready to attempt a
"small,
tabletop" coil of the 1/4 wave type instead of my bipolar. At least with the
bipolar the
arc and streamers seem to be reasonably well behaved. I work in my basement.
Until now I have not used an RF ground because I don't need one. Now I'm
spooked by what I am reading. Is there such a thing as a "small, tabletop"
coil that I can safely
operate within 3 feet of the overhead conduit? At what input power levels?
Can I get by with using the very poor
ground of the steel I-beams? Also, no more VTTC in the basement lighting all
the flourescents.

Many thanks for the help.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman