Re: NST question-Why a Tap?

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

bert,
could this same setup be utilized on an mot by placing a Pfc. cap across the
tertiary (i think that's what it's called?) winding? if so then this could be a
nice application for those that gang the mot's for psu's, giving an inexpensive
Pfc. option allowing more transformers on a 15 or 20 amp circuit.
marc