Winding Primaries (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 14:28:28 EST
From: quantumx-at-mail.ozemail-dot-com.au
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Winding Primaries

Hi all!
Well, I'm a proud owner of a sparkgap [a nice one at that too] and a 24"
secondary coil... y'know - even if the coild doesn't work, at least it will
look nice :)

Anyway- for my primary, I have made up some HDPE supports, and drilled them
appropriately. I was wondering if anyone has some advice for how to wind
the 1/4" piping through with a minimum of fuss [I tried it the other day,
got to about the 6th turn and had to unwind it...]

It is a 16 turn archimidian coil.

Thanks again, Simon