Re: MOT NST Combo? (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:11:17 -0800 (PST)
From: manjinder bains <manjinder_bains-at-yahoo-dot-com>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: MOT NST Combo? (fwd)

hello Green
MOTs are around 2000 volts at 500 ma...thats 1
kva...1000 watts
i have never tried to hook an MOT in series with an
NST
but i think it will probably destroy one of them
because an MOT has very lil insulation on the
secondary...
7.5 kv would leak out and start an arc which would
burn the winding..
u'd have fireworks but not where u want them
so be careful!!!
Manjinder Bains