Re: Winding Primaries (fwd) (Ah, Another Victim!) (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:12:10 -0500
From: S.Gaeta <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Winding Primaries (fwd) (Ah, Another Victim!)

Ted, Simion,

I vote NO!!!
I did it exactly the same way, and will never do it that way again. I ceased
being a lady when I wound my primary, and cussed like a truck driver! I
think it took me 4 hours too, but I had to split the work into two days
because it was very frustrating. When I finally did get the pieces on I
ended up with a saucer shape. Of course I didn't want the saucer design, I
wanted the flat spiral so I had to press,wiggle, and reposition everything
in order to work it flat. I thought I was being smart by making the holes
large enough that there was some play, but as soon as I got the copper
tubing through the second hole on all 4 pieces, it just went downhill from
there! I not only had blisters, I had fiberglass splinters because I used
FR4. It's amazing what we will do for a few lightning bolts! :-).

Gary Lau has made some beautiful primaries by using the method Ted described
in the bottom of his post. I strongly reccomend going that route!

Best of luck,
Sue