Re: Pure Inductive Ballasting vs Inductive/ Resistive Ballasting (fwd)

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi David,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

I think running without the added resistive limiting is fine. I do use 2.5 ohms
in my control mod, but only because I was getting some heavy thumping at the
variac (I think I was using a variable speed RSG at the time). I'll
probably try
it without the resistor with the sync gap (if I ever get the real-time phase
adjustment finished - hopefully in the next couple of weeks).

One other thing - a pole pig can be killed - just ask Charles Brush (killed a
pig back in 1997).

Take care,
Bart