RE: NST protection

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Simon:

First, glad to hear you took the sensible approach. I will too the next
time.
In the meantime, build the "Fritz Filter."
Terry came up with a transformer protection circuit that works.
He can explain the techy stuff if you need to know. But $50 USD saved my
15/60 I am sure.

The website where you'll find the schematic is:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/NSTFilt.jpg

All parts were ordered from Digi-Key on line at about $50.
I used a RadioShack 5x7 perf board although with the safety gap on the same
board, space was tight. Your choice.

Safety First
and Drill Presses, Saws, etc are MORE dangerous than NSTs. Ask any builder
:))

Ted