Photos, Electrical problems

Original poster: "Jay Stone" <jaykstone-at-home-dot-com>

Hello-

Thanks to the information and help from this list, my wife's son and I have
constructed our first Tesla coil with fairly good results.(6' to 8' arcs at
times!)  Photos can be seen at
<http://members4.clubphoto-dot-com/jay277916/Tesla/>http://members4.clubphoto.co
m/jay277916/Tesla/ and other photos can also be seen at
<http://www.geocities-dot-com/sparksmith/hiepower.html>http://www.geocities-dot-com
/sparksmith/hiepower.html.

The problem is whenever we run the coil, electrical devices in the house such
as TVs, Stereos,  modems, electronic sprinkler timers, light dimmers .... seem
to get confused or damaged.  We use a 5KVA transformer to step 220VAC at 20 A
down to 120 VAC at 40 A.  This then powers a transformer w/ single ended 20 KV
output.  Since the HV XFMR is single ended  both the Pprimary and secondary of
the Tesla coil are connected to the RF ground rods.  (Oudin coil??).  The 120
VAC wiring is completely isolated from the rest of the coil.

Does anyone have any idea why I am having electrical problems  when I run the
coil or what to do about it?

Thanks,

Jay