Re: Who needs a quenching gap ?

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

with this talk of first and second notch quench and coupling
coefficients, i have a question pertaining to my proposed 13khz coil.
in this design i will be placing my secondary inside of my tank former,
these are 1" of fiberglass with a 1/8" PE  liner. in placing my primary
on the outside, only 1 1/8" away from the secondary in a helical
pattern, is there such a thing as over coupling? i feel that there will
be no chance of flash over from primary to secondary, but will the tight
coupling cause racing arcs to run down the secondary windings?
should i try to design it differently?
any input will, as always, be appreciated.
marc