Re: Tesla on TV reminder (cynical comment about LA area)

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<wysock-at-ttr-dot-com>

> Terry,
>
> I checked here in Los Angeles this morning.  The PBS station
> here is KCET, CH. 28.  The Tesla special is *not* even on their
> "planning list"!  I spoke with one of their program personnel
> who told me that [their station] programs in blocks of two
> months at a time.  So far, they have all of December and
> January pre-programmed, and the Tesla movie is not even
> on their "planning table list".  I had the t.v. program guy
> visit the PBS/tesla site and look at the home page, etc.  He
> explained that KCET is in the middle of "pledge month" and
> will only be airing programming that fits into their schedule.

of course not.. here in shallow money grubbing southern california, we want
to watch all those personal finance and self development specials they run
during pledge weeks... Oh yes, and a variety of music specials, because
they lend themselves to pledge breaks.

What about satellite?  Is there a national PBS feed on Dish network or one
of the others?