Re: darn.

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

> Hi all.
> Just thought I'd share my woes with you :)
>
> I thought lacquer was meant to make things go shiny- it's just made my
> [once] pretty secondary go dull now :(
>
> Oh well :)
>
> Simon

Hi Simon...

it all depends on what type of laquer you have gotten ahold of ...
furniture brands come in 3 different
varieties...  hi gloss , low gloss, and satin. Polyureathane also comes in
all 3 types too. But , dont be
too distraught... you can still sand the last coat of laquer with some 400
paper and recoat it with a hi
quality Hi gloss and revive the "shiny" look you want. altho there is one
thing you wont achieve if you had
used a satin type first, and that is the optical clarity that hi gloss
provides.

Scot D