Re: Rebuilding an OBIT

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

Sue,
    I dont know much about transformer engineering, so I'ld stay with
the original 10kv-23ma, but I'm interested in hearing what other people
end up suggesting. Using thicker wire should help, and put good insulation
between the windings (at 60 Hz mylar is ok, its only at TC freq that
mylar is not so good, I'ld use it in an xfmr) so you dont burn it up again.

I figured out my 6kv-20ma NST turns by wrapping 10 turns of hookup wire
around its primary and measuring its AC voltage, which was 2.3 VAC,
therefore my primary had to have about 500 turns, therefore my secondary
had to have about 25,000 turns.  I hope you have a winding machine !!!

-Pete Lawrence.