Re: Blown Capacitor!!

Original poster: "Roderick Maxwell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <maxz-at-netdoor-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: Blown Capacitor!!

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> max,
> i have found a supplier for some great HDPE in .1" sheets of 4' by 8'
> size and at $22.00 a sheet, WOW.
> after reading the ad i was more then skeptical of the quality, i mean i
> expected floor swept regrinds being used for the extrusion.
> after calling and requesting a sample, very friendly service, the
> samples arrived in short order. i was totally impressed, this product is
> free of inclusions and very pure indeed. the thickness seems very
> uniform and the mixing is great.
> it was from www.farmtek-dot-com and it is there "poly max" line. i ran some
> calcs and with one sheet cut into 12" by 12" squares using 10.5" square
> plates-at-34, a hawg cap would give 19nf-at-90kv and all for less then $35.00
> total construction cost. not a bad replacement for any blown plate cap
> and i will most likely get a sheet for "just in case".
> marc
>
> ps. the thickness' range up to 1/2", also very nice, and a price of
> $99.00 for a 4' by 8' sheet.
> and if anyone needs a good light transferring corrugated roof panel,
> these run $13.00 with a 4' by 8' exposed area. most competitive.

 Thanks for the info but I'm going to try one of those MMC caps everyone is
giving such praise to.
I just don't feel like cutting all of those plates at this time.
I already have some plastic available if I change my mind though.

Frankenstein's Helper
Max