SRSG's

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

 Hi all,

 Whilst cleaning my garage up a bit, I ran across 2 small AC motors similiar
to the one I'm using in my SRSG located at
http://sundog.timeship-dot-net/images/sync-gap.jpg
That is the gap I was running when the pics of my 8" coil (12kv150ma) were
taken.
http://sundog.timeship-dot-net/images/8-inch-running2.JPG
here's a top view of the disc/motor.
http://sundog.timeship-dot-net/images/8-inch-running2.JPG

  I'll be converting them to sync operation, machining a disc for 8
electrodes (240 or 120 bps operation), and putting 10x32 threaded brass rod
electrodes in them.  These motors work wonderful on low to mid powered
systems (up to ~1.5kva).  I haven't tried them on a MOT system, but I think
that would be to much current (heating of the flying electrodes) for this
gap.

   The motors are 1800 RPM, and I'll grind them for salient pole operation.
I'll machine and mount a 4-4.5" polycarbonate disc drilled for 8 electrodes.
The electrodes are 10x32 threaded brass rod, all brass hardware.  i am not a
machinist, nor a SRSG engineer, so these won't be perfect, but I will test
them on my own system and make sure they work.  I have no real need for
these motors, and got them simply because they were cheap, i'm a packrat,
and I figured I'd ruin a few learning to make salient pole motors.  Phase is
adjusted by rotating the disc on the motor shaft.    I'm aiming for the
coilers who don't have the ability (tools, skill, etc) to make their own
sync motor and disc.  Undoubtedly the disc is the hardest part to make (most
time-consuming for me anyway). Mounting them will require only a little
imagination and work, as 1 has a mounting flange with pre-drilled holes, and
the other has  case bolts to attach to.  Unfortunately, I only have 2 of
these at the moment, so it's first come, first serve. I'll only ask the
price of the parts, shipping, and a bit to cover my time (okay, really it's
to pay for the electricity to run my pole pig!) I'm looking at ~$20-30 total
each (shipping, everything).

  Please contact me directly at sundog-at-timeship-dot-net  I'll work on these as I
have time, so it'll take me a week or so to get them finished, tested, and
ready to go.  Do they work? Yep. Pics above are proof :)
											Shad