Re: Rebuilding an OBIT / saturation

Original poster: "Jochen Kronjaeger by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Kronjaeg-at-Stud-Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE>

> Power = volts x amps.
> More (volts x amps) = more (turns x amps).
> Flux = turns x amps.

That's not true for the loaded case, as you write yourself below!

As the flux is the same under load and no-load conditions, hence
independent of the secondary current draw, I still don't see why it should
limit power...

> Since the induced primary flux and the secondary flux always cancel each
other,
> the total flux at no load is therefore approximately the same as the
total flux
> at full load and hence the power capability of the transformer is set by the
> flux which can be set up in the core under no load conditions!  Strange, but
> true.

  Jochen

  Jochen Kronjaeger                     Kronjaeg-at-stud-mailer.uni-marburg.de

  The High Voltage Page  http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~kronjaeg/hv/
    info, plans, photos of home-built HV-sources, sparks, HV-experiments