Re: Bodine Motor for RSG

Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> I have an old Bodine 1/20 HP, 1725 RPM motor that I was thinking of using for
> my RSG.  There are four wires coming out of it.  Any ideas on how to
wring them
> out to make the right connection?

<SNIP>

> There is not an internal cap, and the motor does not have a centrifugal
switch either.
> Any comments will be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Stan

Hi Stan -list,
 I have a Bodine 1/40 HP that sounds similar. There are 2 blue wires and 2
black wires,
connected as 2 black/blue pairs. If I reverse the blue wires the motor
spins the other way.
It originally had a switch to change direction. Great little motor.
James