Re: Resonator base impedance

Hi Paul and Richie,

	I think the base impedance of a CW coil will depend greatly on the plasma
load at the top of the coil since that is were most of the power is going.
I can tune my 50 ohm RF generator to almost zero reflected power by varying
the source frequency.  Thus, in some carefully controlled instances, the
impedance can be 50 ohms resistive.  Having said that based on observation,
I really don't see why that is true or understand the details as much as I
would like to.  Below is an old post on this subject and some pictures and
diagrams are at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/CWCoil/

This coil of mine has a grounded secondary with a driven primary winding.
the generator controls power and frequency.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/CWCoil/CWDig.jpg

Searching the archives at www.pupman-dot-com for "Discharge impedance of a CW
Tesla coil" gives the threads on this subject.  I have not yet been able to
pursue this area further than the work I did then.

I am probably providing more questions than answers here but little is
known about all this and I don't have many answers to give...

Cheers,

	Terry

Old post "Discharge impedance of a CW Tesla coil"