Re: Dented new toroids?

Hi Ross and Steve,

From the old posts on this (Toroid Dent Removal), it appears the best and
only chance is if you can separate the halves (torch for epoxy) and hammer
them out gently using big round ball bearings.  Searching the web for
"paintless dent removal" gives many details of the art.  People who repair
brass musical instruments are a good source for info if not the talent to
fix them for you.  A good auto body person could probably also pound the
dents out to the point that a good sanding/filing will make them gone.

The real key is getting behind the dent which requires separating the
halves.  Then things become 100X easier.  Exterior pulling and filling the
dents did not show much promise.  I should note that often dents do not
affect the operation of the toroid.

There are a few super exotic things that aircraft folks use requiring
special tools.  But not something available to most of us.

Cosmetic "dings" can be just sanded with 100 grit sand paper (John Freau
knows of this) but the dents require serious work.

I pulled the thread on this and posted it at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/ToriodDentRemoval.txt

Cheers,

	Terry