Re: oil submerged mmc? (fwd)

Original poster: "Grayson B Dietrich by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <electrofire-at-juno-dot-com>

Sorry for the lateness of this reply, but, well...  ...I just haven't had
the time until now to go through the list mail and read to my
ozone-starved heart's content.

One of my MMCs is submerged in mineral oil because I had been having
rather bad arcing problems with it, as I just didn't design it with
enough space between the strings, and I am running all the strings in
-series- as opposed to parallel as is needed with most systems. This coil
uses a flyback transformer, so it seems to like a 1nF ~20kV cap just
fine. The oil solved any and all arcing problems I originally had with
it.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 07:49:03 -0700 (MST) "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.