not conducting secondary to ground.

Original poster: "Pholp Smiff by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kawanze-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I want to display my tesla coil indoors and don't want to run a long wire
out the window to a designated ground and i'm sure not using the building's
electrical ground. Here are my two ideas, will they work? will they be too
dangerous? will i encounter any problems? am i stupid/crazy for even
considering these?

	1.  Electrically connecting the bottom of the secondary directly 	to the
primary - so capacitance is between toroid and primary 		circuit rather than
ground.

	2.  Don't even bother connecting the bottom of the secondary to anything,
instead, having the cable come out from the bottom of the secondary and
around the side of the coil and ending near the top of the secondary. The
Arcs/sparks/whatever would (ideally of course) occur between the wire coming
from the bottom of the secondary and the toroid.

In case number 2 wasn't clear i'll explain it again:

	The secondary circuit will be completed when the electricity jumps between
the toroid and a wire that is about 3 feet from the toroid, connected to the
bottom of the secondary (being careful that this wire doesn't contact any
other parts of either circuit).

(i originally tried to draw a textpicture but it didn't work out)

thanks