Re: NST proximity interference.

Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>

Try a peice of ferrous metal down there and we'll see what happens...
>From what I've seen, metal in the vacinity of the primary causes *slight*
changes in performance. Maybe at best a 1" arclength drop... Complety
neglegible though...
Just don't make your base out of 6 guage steel or anything...

-Mike

> Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

> On the other hand, I experimented with placing a 12" square of aluminum
> sheet metal about 3 inches below my primary to see if it would absorb
energy
> and diminish my spark output (because I wanted to place my home made flat
> plate capacitor there), and I did not observe any difference in output.
But,