Re: Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Trent Mullins by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <neontrent-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> I have to disagree here.  Just because you can't hear the sound, doesn't
> mean it's not there.
> Reminds me of the question:
> If a tree falls in the forest does it make any sound.  Well...yes.
>
> Trent Mullins

	I have run my small coil here (3" x 14" secondary, 30" streamers with
12 kV, 60 ma transformer) using an antique AMRAD quenched gap circa
1920.  No light or sound from the gap, only from secondary discharge and
much more "pleasant" to behold.  Unfortunately the gap breaks down at
only 8000 volts, so can't get full output.

Ed