Re: Depotting season

Original poster: "Stephen Carpenter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sjc-at-carpanet-dot-net>

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 12:00:25PM -0700, Tesla list may have written:
> Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

>  Hi all,
>
>   A quick thought from here in Florida, where it usually doesn't get cold..
>     Those in the northern climes where it's snowing and whatnot, can't you
> just set your dead NST outside overnight (or a few nights?), then have at it
> with the hammer & chisel?  Mine's been in my freezer for ~ 1 week, and isn't
> a very welcome addition.

Yup, we probably could.

However... why a week? I put mine in the freezer overnight and most of the
next day...then I had at it with a hammer and chisel.

Worked like a charm. I can see the core and windings now. All I need to do is
get some solvent to finish off the last part. Really... the core is the bulk
of the whole thing and its metal, a great heat conductor...

Ya know...the day after doing it...I was out on my motorcycle bringing my
laundry ou tto be done. Sitting in a traffic jam...because the roads were being
repaved. I looked down at the fresh asphalt and thought of the freezing winter.

No wonder the roads around here suck!

-Steve
--
Williams and Holland's Law:
        If enough data is collected, anything may be proven by statistical