Re: 155 KV 100 MA Rectifiers & AC Meters

In a message dated 12/19/00 7:13:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi John!
>
>  >I made a rotary rectifier but didn't like it much.  Too mechanical
>  >in nature.  I like semiconductor diodes better.
>  >
>  >John Freau
>

>  Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.  But I bet it was pretty with a
few
> kVA
>  up it!  What power were you running?  Knowing you by reputation I doubt it
> was
>  milliwatts . . .
>
>  Dunckx

Dunckx,

Actually, I never ran a coil with it.  But I did hook it to an NST.  I didn't
like the look of the sparking at the brushes, etc, so I modified the
unit and turned it into a 120 bps sync gap.

JOhn FReau