Re: JHCTES Ver 2.3 Program (was More Coupling...)

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi John,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

> Bart -
>
> <snip>
> You may want to try my new web site (not complete)
>
>       http://home.att-dot-net/~couturejh
>
> The JHCTES Ver 3.1 can now be Winzip downloaded. The JHCTES Ver 3.2 can be
> run on line. These are condensed versions of the JHCTES program. Press
> "Calculate" to see all outputs. I am upgrading the JHCTES program to a Ver
> 4.0 due last June and should be ready soon. This program will feature
> automatic tuning and energy balance, a type of program that is not presently
> available anywhere.
>
> John Couture

Yes, I checked it out. Nice to have an online version. Good job with it. I
checked it against my JavaTC values
at my site and for the most part, they agreed. There we're small
discrepancies, but nothing of major concern.
One thing I did want to point out is the return input box for AWG wire
size. I put in 18 and then after
calculation, it returned 0.0201 in the same cell. It calc'd everything ok
on the right hand side of the input
boxes, but I thought it odd it didn't return something around 0.0403 (or near).

Also you metioned an auto-tuning feature to be added in an upcoming
version. You might want to check out
JavaTC.

 http://www.classictesla-dot-com/java/javatc.html

The method I used was to check the frequency's and depending if they are
high or low, I change the tune point -
stepping through this loop until the frequency's match. This way, a rough
primary can be easily designed and
tuned. Very useful when coilers (like myself) like to try out different
tank cap sizes with the same primary.
Of course, even these auto-tuning features are rough with things like
topload discrepancies.

Great job John. Nice program.

Bart