6.3 inches coil & Scot D Gap

Original poster: "Samuel Rosset by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <samr-at-bluewin.ch>

Hello everyone,

I have been gone from the list from about 6 months, and many I have many things
to tell you. I finished my new 6.3 inches coil this summer, and I want to thank
you folks for the help and the advices you gave me.
I have achieved great results, even though I heven't tried it at full power
yet. My coil is now temporarly "out of order", for I burnt my MMC probably due
to the gap spacing or mybe a bad choice of caps.
The Scot D type static gap I built in march works perfectly. (When Scot D
introduced his new spark gap to the list, I knew that was a very good idea...).

You can see pictures of my coil at the following address :
<http://www.chez-dot-com/samr>http://www.chez-dot-com/samr/
If you are interested, take a look at my SD Static gap.
I am now currently checking to find new caps for a brand new MMC, if you have
any advice, please let me know. As for bleeding resistors, is it there a value
that works I should use. I know that too big a value would lead to no purpose,
and too small a value would ruin the capacitance value, so what should be the
value of the beeding resistors?

Merry Christmas from Switzerland

Samuel