RE: RSG Disk Material

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi Steve, All,

  Nothing wrong at all with GP03.  I bought 2 12x12x1/2 pieces of it for I
believe $12-15$ a sheet.  Great price on some hefty material.  My thoughts
were,

  "If the flying electrodes get to that temperature, it's too much power,
too slow a disc, or too long a run.  I can at least cut this stuff with a
handfull of those new cheap jigsaw blades.  It's a *lot* cheaper than G-10.
It's only $12-15 a sheet, so I won't be out but about $30 (GP03, cheapie
jigsaw blades, arbor, etc) if it doesn't work. "

  Grab some (maybe 3/8 or 1/4, the 1/2 shtuff is murdrously heavy!), get a
half dozen cheapie jigsaw blades (you'll tear the teeth of almost any blade,
no no use wasting monef on a $12 blade that'll last maybe 3 min longer than
a $1 blade).  Use a compass to mark your disc, then have at it with the
jigsaw.  but above all *USE A RESPIRATOR!*  This *is* still fiberglass, and
nasty nasty nasty stuff happens to your lungs when you breathe the dust.
Also, gloves are a good idea, as those little fiberglass splinters drove me
insane for a day or so. Can feel 'em but can't find 'em.

  My pig-capable SRSG is coming along, and I'm using a 11.5" disc on a 1/3hp
motor ground for sync operation.  I'll couple that with John Freau's phase
adjuster (JF adjuster?).  Pics are forthcoming, and the holidays limit my
"work on the coil time".  GPO3 is creat stuff!
													Shad