Toroid from inner tube

Original poster: "Kelly & Phillipa Williams by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kellyw-at-ihug.co.nz>

Hi All,

I'm fairly sure I saw this idea in someone else's post, so it's not mine.

Couldn't you make a toroid out of an inner tube (car or tractor) covered in
Aluminium foil or tape? A bonus would be that you could adjust the size by
putting
more or less air into the tube, so long as it didn't disturb the Al covering
it.
Would it work? Or would the inner tube spring a leak or go *bang*?

Thanks for your input,

Alan Williams