Re: professional-looking toroids... home-brew of course:)

Original poster: "D&M's High Voltage by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <DMsHV.DavMcKin-at-gte-dot-net>

Andrew, List:

I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew and his father at the Teslathon - very
nice people.  His description is how we make the toroids. We don't fill them
with foam as it's not necessary and really only adds weight to them.  As
Andrew
mentioned, we cover the AL duct with fiberglass and then sand it smooth.
It takes about 3-5 applications of fiberglass to make the surface smooth.
We sand down the rough spots between each application.  It is a very
laborious
process, and creates an enormous amount of fiberglass dust.  The advantage
they have is that they don't dent easily (like the straight AL duct toroids
do).
If the surface gets damaged, they can be easily repaired by removing the
area
of aluminum foil tape, and repairing the surface (if necessary), then
re-applying
the AL tape.  As Andrew also mentioned, they are very sturdy, and can take
quite a bit of abuse (such as moving, etc.).  You can see one on our webpage
at:

http://home-dot-netcom-dot-com/~davmckin/DMsIndex.htm

Go to Products, then Toroids.  Hope this helps!

David L. McKinnon
D&M's High Voltage