Re: More Coupling...

Hi Pete,

The bottom of the coil has the highest voltage per inch and thus the chance
of arcing is highest there.  "I" think that pure transformer action has a
lot to do with it also.  When you lower the k the stress is reduced which
helps stop the arcs.  However, there are still many unanswered questions in
this area...

Cheers,

	Terry