Re: Capacitors

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi Tim.
Firstly, I'm not an expert. However, I'd like to agree with Terry. I was
looking at other types of caps, and ended up going with MMC's for a few
reasons.
1] There is minimum construction [if at all]
2] They pose little [if no] risk whilst running [eg, no oils risks etc]
3] They are cheap, and are no hassle to replace
4] They are just convinient.
>> You want Metalized Polypropelyne [sp?] caps. US residents can get them
from Digikey. [www.digikey-dot-com]

See Terry's page for more info.

I would also recommend Terry's NST protection circuit.

Hope this helps,
Simon