Re: Aluminum tape

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

> And you are quite correct that they are not ordinarily in good contact with
> each other.  So rather than forming a helical inductor, they could
> potentially be a collection of capacatively coupled elements.  There is
> speculation that with the high voltages involved, that the insulating layer
> may quickly break down.  On my toroids, I took precautions to ensure that
> all of the tape segments were electrically joined.

After placing all the strips in place, you can prepare a special strip,
with a thinner (less wide) strip of tape fixed, glue to glue, at the
center. Apply it around the inner, or outer, diameter and all the strips
will be in contact.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz