RE: AMRAD Spark Gaps

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 06:23 PM 23/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Oxandale, Terry by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Toxandale-at-SPP-dot-org>

<Big Snip>

>The temperature rating was very low (I'm sure, because the gaskets were
>designed to operated in an oil bath that I would expect never see 50
>degrees C.  If I could find a high temperature plastic or fiber washers
>to seal these "units", this thing would be worth redoing.

How about using some high temperature RTV gasket goop that mechanics use
to seal exhaust manifolds to cylinder heads with?  It's silicon based so
the electrical properties should be OK and it sure can take the heat.
Spread some out between two sheets of waxed paper and press to the
required thickness.  When it cures, peel off the waxed paper and then
cut and trim the gaskets to size.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca